As reported in this post last month, certain dollar amounts in the Bankruptcy Code were increased effective April 1, 2007. The dollar amount changes meant that some of the official bankruptcy forms, most notably the proof of claim form and the voluntary petition, had to be revised as well.

After I put up that post, the Administrative Office of the United States Courts (known in the trade as "the AO") made the revised forms available and released a formal notice of the dollar amount adjustments. Copies of the revised forms — with handy arrows pointing out each place where they were revised — are attached to the notice.

Of course, you’ll need to get the forms in blank to use in bankruptcy cases. If you don’t have special bankruptcy form software, a number of the official bankruptcy forms have been designed to allow you to type in information or select choices from drop-down menus before printing the form. Printing is the only way to go because the form won’t let you save your changes. 

If you follow the links above you’ll be able to access blank copies of the revised forms from the AO’s website. That way, you’ll be sure to have the most up-to-date versions.